5th January 2021
|The aviation reporting portal relaunched for the UK on 5 January 2021.At this time UK reporters do not need to register for an account to submit MOR reports to the UK CAA and those wishing to use this portal should do so by selecting the ‘report an occurrence without registration’ option. The UK working with EASA will be introducing new functionality on the portal over the coming months and these will be communicated as they become available. Any feedback regarding the portal should be directed to email@example.com, you can also feedback directing using the portal contact us page.|
3rd December 2020
The following changes to EGBB Airspace are effective 3rd December 2020. All changes are detailed in the NATS AIP AIRAC 13/2020.
- GROVE conventional STARS will be removed and replaced with RNAV STARS.
- CHASE conventional STARS via CREWE will be replaced with RNAV STARS.
- CHASE conventional STARS via the MCT will remain.
- CHASE hold will be available as both an RNAV and conventional hold.
- GROVE hold will be available as an RNAV hold only.
- OLIVE hold is not required as HON outages will no longer affect Birmingham operations.
- CEDAR and MAPLE holds still exist, but have been withdrawn from En-route charts.
New STARs and withdrawn STARs are listed in the tables below.
|Aerodrome||Old STAR Name||New STAR name||Navigation Specification||ATS Route Connectivity|
|EGBB||GROVE 1B||SILVA 1B||RNAV5||M183, M605, Q41|
|EGBB||GROVE 1C||HEMEL 1B||RNAV5||L610, M184, T420|
|EGBB||N/A||MAKUX 1B||RNAV5||L15, Q38|
|EGBB||N/A||MALUD 1B||RNAV5||L975, Q37, Z195|
|EGBB||CHASE 1C||WAL 1B||RNAV5||L10, L975, Q4|
|EGBB||CHASE 2D||AMPIT 1B||RNAV5||L15|
10th September 2020
1st April 2020
Birmingham Airport class D airspace is currently open H24.
It is critical to flight safety that you check all NOTAMs before flying to ensure your safety and others. For up-to-date information NOTAMs
The CAA have created a document to assist pilots to disseminate NOTAMs. The document clearly explains how to read and interpret a NOTAM. Please take some time to read the following document ASI UPDATE NOTAM
During 2020 we have had a large number of infringements, the attached hotspot map give the approximate location and level of each individual infringement. Infringement Hotspot Map 2020